“The Road to Sex/Porn Addiction Recovery Goes Through Your Childhood”
October 9, 2020
9:00 – 4:30
6 continuing education clock hours
Eddie Capparucci, LPC, CPCS, CCSAS
Sexual and pornography addictions are responsible for individuals engaging in harmful behaviors that result in erosion of self-worth; destruction of relationships; and in some cases, legal consequences. With pornography so accessible, the incidence of sexual and pornography addictions is growing at an alarming rate. Along with this, many of the techniques and programs designed to treat the disorder have left individuals who have tried to quit numerous times frustrated and feeling hopeless. Individuals are locked in darkness and relationships are being destroyed. I know, because I see it every day in my client practice.
I believe the solution to helping individuals escape the stranglehold of a sexual addiction is found in answering a simple question – why? “Why has sex and pornography had a stronghold on my life”? And the answer can be found in the Inner Child.
- Explain how trauma/neglect in early childhood development affect individuals
- Explain how the inner child impacts sex/porn addiction
- Differentiate between the 9 different inner child types and the key issues associated with each due to past trauma and neglect
- Explain how to assist clients in identifying core emotional triggers that activate the Inner Child lead to addictive behaviors
- Understand the 6 core steps necessary for successful implementation of the Inner Child Recovery Process
- Understand the importance of going beyond treating the addictive behavior and transforming the heart
Early Registration (before 9/15/2020) $99.00
Registration (after 9/15/2020) $109.00
Graduate Student Registration (currently enrolled graduate students) $69.00
Walkup Registration the Day of the Conference – $129.00
Cornerstone Professional Training Institute and Via Live Webinar
9 Dunwoody Park, Suite 136
Atlanta, GA 30338
Cornerstone Professional Training Institute has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider ACEP No. 6247. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Cornerstone Professional Training Institute is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
SASH Certification Training – Hours earned in this training may be able to be applied towards the certified problematic behavior therapist (CPSBT) through the Society for the Advancement of Sexual Health (SASH). More information can be found at www.sash.net
Please contact our office if there are concerns about disabilities or special needs.
Cancellation Policy: Fees are refundable – a $50 cancellation fee up until 7 days before the workshop.