Two formats to choose from:
Option 1: Live Webinar. Weekly class from January 14, 2020 through April 28, 2020. Class will meet for 2 hours each week on live webinar every Tuesday afternoon. The class will begin at 3 pm eastern time.
Option 2: Live 4 day training in Atlanta, Georgia March 25-28, 2020. Class will meet from 9-5 eastern time each day.
28 continuing education clock hours
SASH Certification Training – Hours earned in this training may be applied towards the certified problematic behavior therapist (CPSBT) through the Society for the Advancement of Sexual Health (SASH). More information can be found at www.sash.net
This course addresses new theoretical constructs around problematic sexual behavior (PSB). The world health organization (WHO) has proposed compulsive sexual behavior disorder (6C72) for inclusion in the ICD-11. Treatment of problematic sexual behavior is complex. Historically it has been referred to as sexual addiction, hypersexuality, sexual compulsivity, out of control sexual, and problematic sexual behavior. The PSB model is one that encompasses a wide variety of types of sexual behavior from a theory neutral framework. It doesn’t pathologize and operates from a sexual health model. This training will include an overview of treatment models and will look at the compulsive sexual behavior disorder proposal for the ICD-11. This course will include the following topics:
- An overview of treatment models (includes evaluating the sex addiction model)
- Integrating a trauma perspective into treatment approaches
- Assessment, diagnosis, and proposed compulsive sexual behavior disorder
- Clinical intervention for PSB
- Neurochemistry: ADHD and other comorbid disorders
- Trauma model treatment for people with PSB and intimate partners
- Working with family members of people with PSB
- Overview of betrayal trauma: Working with partners of people with PSB
- PSB in adolescents
- Same sex issues and PSB
- Women and PSB
- PSB and children
- Spirituality in recovery
- Relational dimension of PSB: Working with couples
- Stepfamily dynamics in families with PSB
- Couples in recovery from relational trauma
- Integrating couples sessions and couples therapy: Timing is everything
- Collaborating with other therapists in working with couples
- Developing empathy for people with PSB
- Therapeutic disclosures
- Narcissism and personality disorder features in PSB
- Sexual health
- Reintegrating sex for people with PSB
- Coaching: Pro’s and Con’s
- Tools of recovery
- And many, many, more…
Click the button below to see specific learning objectives for this course.
Faculty are led by Richard Blankenship, LPC, NCC, CCH, CPCS, CSRRS, CBTS. Specialists, such as Staci Sprout, LCSW, CSAT, are brought in to address specific topics. Schedules are currently being coordinated and additional faculty will be announced shortly. Click the button below for information on conference faculty.
It is recommended that all books be read by the end of the course. All books can be obtained through amazon.com. Additional articles will be assigned and distributed throughout the course.
- Stop Sex Addiction – Dr. Milton Magness
- The Betrayal Bond – Dr. Patrick Carnes
- Treating Out of Control Sexual Behavior – Dr. Douglas Braun-Harvey & Michael A Vigoritto
- Ready to Heal – Kelly McDaniel
LIVE WEBINAR REGISTRATION
Registration (includes continuing education clock hours) – $945 before December 30, $995 between December 30 and January 10, $1095 January 11-14.
Special rate for currently enrolled graduate students: $600 before December 14, $660 thereafter.
CONFERENCE REGISTRATION (March 25-28, 2020)
Registration (includes continental breakfast and continuing education clock hours) – $945 before March 1, 2020 – $995 after March 1, 2020
Special rate for currently enrolled graduate students: $600 by March 1, 2020, $660 after March 1, 2020.
Prior to making travel arrangements to Atlanta for the March 25-28 conference, please check with our office to make sure the conference has made.
Use the registration form on the right side of this page to register. It will take you to a page where you can select the conference you wish to attend and complete the registration process.
For more information or to register by phone call 470-545-4380 or email email@example.com
Cornerstone Professional Training Institute
9 Dunwoody Park, Suite 136
Atlanta, GA 30338
Cornerstone Professional Training Institute has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider ACEP No. 6247. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Cornerstone Professional Training Institute is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
If you have concerns about disabilities and our facilities please contact us at 470-545-4380 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cornerstone Professional Training Institute is a proud supporter of the Society for the Advancement of Sexual Health (SASH). For more information on SASH visit them online at www.sash.net.