Facilitating Therapeutic Disclosures
September 28, 2018
This is one of the most complicated tasks for both couples and therapists. This workshop teaches a process developed and implemented by Richard Blankenship and Dr. Janice Stevens. Both Richard and Janice are certified clinical sexual addiction specialists and certified clinical partner specialists who have facilitated several hundred therapeutic disclosures. They bring a wealth of experience to this material.
It will involve a 5 1/2 hour interactive online workshop. We will cover topics such as:
- Theoretical approaches to the disclosure concept
- Preparation of the partner
- Preparation and the addict
- Polygraphs and preparation
- Disclosure and Post-disclosure trauma
- What if the partner already knows all of the details and there is no new information?
- When should disclosures take place?
- After the couple leaves my office – then what?
- Pitfalls of disclosure sessions: dealing with abreactions and crisis in the session
- Vicarious trauma and the therapist: The danger zone
- Inpatient disclosures – To do or not to do?
- When therapists disagree on the process
- And many, many more…
We will provide exercises for participants to practice the preparation process for both addicts and partners. After registration, an email will be sent to each participant with questions regarding your experience with disclosure sessions and to determine if there are specific needs in the group. This is a webinar that assumes a large amount of knowledge and experience in the field of sexual addiction and partner trauma.
Date: September 28, 2018
Time: 10 am – 4 pm Eastern Standard Time
Continuing education credits: 5.5 clock hours
Cost: Early registration: $140 (before September 9) $150 (after September 9). Cost includes continuing education credits.
Cornerstone Professional Training Institute
“Cornerstone Professional Training Institute has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider ACEP No. 6247. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Cornerstone Professional Training Institute is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.”