Facilitating Therapeutic Disclosures
May 15, 2020
This is one of the most complicated tasks for both couples and therapists. This workshop teaches a process developed and implemented by Richard Blankenship and Dr. Janice Stevens. Janice is a certified clinical partner specialist. Richard and Janice are certified betrayal trauma specialists who have facilitated several hundred therapeutic disclosures. Richard is a certified sexual & relational recovery specialist and Janice is a certified clinical sexual addiction specialist and a certified sexual & relational recovery specialist. They bring a wealth of experience to this material.
It will involve a 6 hour interactive online workshop.
- Theoretical approaches to the disclosure concept
- Preparation of the partner
- Preparation and the addict
- Polygraphs and preparation
- Disclosure and Post-disclosure trauma
- What if the partner already knows all of the details and there is no new information?
- When should disclosures take place?
- After the couple leaves my office – then what?
- Pitfalls of disclosure sessions: dealing with abreactions and crisis in the session
- Vicarious trauma and the therapist: The danger zone
- Inpatient disclosures – To do or not to do?
- When therapists disagree on the process
- Emotional restitution
- And many, many more…
We will provide exercises for participants to practice the preparation process for both addicts and partners. After registration, an email will be sent to each participant with questions regarding your experience with disclosure sessions and to determine if there are specific needs in the group. This is a webinar that assumes a large amount of knowledge and experience in the field of problematic sexual behavior and partner trauma.
Date: May 15, 2020
Time: 10 am – 4:30 pm Eastern Standard Time
Continuing education credits: 6 clock hours
Cost: Early registration: $150 (before April 30) $160 (after April 30). Cost includes continuing education credits.
Cornerstone Professional Training Institute
Cornerstone Professional Training Institute has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider ACEP No. 6247. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Cornerstone Professional Training Institute is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
6 clock hours may be applied to the SASH certification process. For more information on professional certification visit SASH online on the link below.